Friday, April 17, 2009

Shopping Cart Boy

So yesteday I did some grocery shopping at good ol' Wal Mart. I love Wal Mart because I can buy double what I could at any other groecery store for the same price. Yes, the lines are long; The hundred kids running around without shoes on are annoying; and the dumb people who leave their cart in the middle of the isle while they try to figure out which brand of green beans to buy drive me NUTS! But it's worth it to me to save that much money. Okay so back to my story. I'm walking to my car and I hear this voice behind me say "I'll get that cart from you when you're done". I turn my head to see if he was talking to me and indeed he was. This frumpy guy, I assumed was the Cart Fetcher by the neon yellow vest he was wearing, with yellow teeth and red swollen gums (gross!) starts a conversation with me as I'm unloading my cart. His pick up line "So is that a dress or just a really long shirt? I like it." Well let's think about this a moment. If it was a shirt don't you think I'd wear pants underneath it? So I tell him it's a sweater dress. Then he asks me if I like my car. Well yes, that's why I bought it dummy! But, I'm nice and say yeah I like it, it's pretty good in the snow. He says "Oh. I have a Mercedes." Really dude? I mean you work at Wal Mart. You expect me to believe you could afford a Mercedes, when you look like you can't afford to even groom yourself? Then he asks if he can have my number. Yes, this poor guy had the balls to ask for my number... sad I know. Luckily I'm married and can use that excuse and not feel bad for shooting this guy down. I gave him my cart and got in my car and shivered as I recapped in my head was just happened. Poor Shopping Cart Boy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment