MISSING MY BROTHER
My little brother is lost in a cloud of black tar.
He says he's alone but knows his family is never far.
How it must feel to wake up and not be able to get out of bed,
until he gets that high that clears his head.
It must feel horrible and I know he's ashamed,
To admit he's an addict with no one to blame.
That's probably why he lies and says he's not using,
When everyone around him can see he's abusing.
His pupils are small and the sparkle is gone.
He looks so unhappy but plays it off like nothing is wrong.
We all want to help in any way we can
But he blows us all off and denies his problem.
"I can handle it" he says to himself,
But deep inside he's screaming for help.
He feels trapped and alone, so helpless inside
So he chooses the balloon to ease his mind.
I hate this black cloud! How do I get through?
I want to show him the light and how to move
Through life without drugs,
No guns, fighting or thugs.
I find myself worried that today could be his last
Due to overdose or murder for owed cash.
I don't want to go on without him; he's my only sibling.
God, please save him! Do something!
Don't let his life end like my friends Amber and Dustin.
He's only twenty with his whole life ahead of him.
I'm scared to turn my back like I did with them,
But I don't know how long I can see him this way again and again.
I'm missing my BIG brother with that twinkle in his eye,
And the grin on his face each night.
I hope that twinkle comes back and he's proud
Of himself once again for beating the black cloud.

No comments:
Post a Comment